This article is a guide to quickly make a Wirecast template. This is intended to be used in situations where there is very little time and a template has to be completely remade. For a more complete guide for non-emergency situations we recommend going through the introductory articles.
Starting the Template
-Open Wirecast, Select “Create Empty Document”
-At the top of Wirecast select “Output”< “Output Settings”
-With the “Destination” set to RTMP Server, click “OK”
For the steps 3-5 you will need to log in to your Striv School Dashboard.
If you do not have the password for your school login, please contact us.
-At the bottom of the left side menu under “Settings”< “Stream Config”
- In the “Name” box rename it to: “School name Striv". Ex. Heartland Striv
- Under Encoding, select the drop down and find “School name LIVE”
- In the “Address” box copy and paste or type the Stream URL address.
- In the “Stream” enter the dclive_1_150_xxxxxx
- Click the “Set Credentials” button: There are a Username and Password in the Stream Config section in the School dashboard. Enter them in the respective boxes in the pop-up window.
NOTE: If you enter any of the information incorrectly you will receive a RTMP Error when attempting to stream. If this happens please double-check all information from steps 3-5 including re entering the credentials.
Lastly select the Add button in the lower left corner. In the destination drop-down choose Record to Disk MP4. Change the Encoding box to make the RTMP server.
Click “OK” to save the Output Settings.
At the top menu click File and Save. Enter a name and change destination to the Desktop for easy accessibility.
You are now ready to stream to your Striv channel.
The scoreboard is not essential and so if a stream is already delayed it is recommended to go ahead and start the stream at this point.